Tuesday 15 November 2011

ILUSTRATION ARTISTS: Agnes Decourchelle

Agnes Decourchelle is an illustrator that uses coulor pencils and water colours. Without any previous sketch she starts to paint directly with the colour pencils giving all the details, lights and shadows, as we can see in the singer picture below. She also uses  lots of colour as we can see in the coloured works below, she  blends the colours giving a dégradé (*) effect - it’s beautiful. She works for magazines, advertising and trends publicity like Mark & Spencer. Her work seems to be a very patient work.


(*) – gradation of colours or tones of value
 

Artist work:



1 comment:

  1. Many thanks Ana for your nice comments on my work.
    I actually need to do preparatory sketches for my illustrations, to be sure I find the right composition and idea.
    I'd like to correct the fact that I've never worked (yet!) for Mark & Spencer :)
    Thanks again for your interest
    Best,
    Agnes

    ReplyDelete